Your home is your most valuable asset – protect it.

Homeowners Insurance

When your home is damaged or destroyed, you need your claim handled by a company that understands how important your home is to you. Shanti Koverage can help you find the homeowners insurance that will best meet your needs and provide the perfect combination of service, coverage, and pricing.

If you are looking for homeowners insurance for a rental property or home that is unoccupied, we can help you find coverage with a “specialty dwelling” policy.

It’s important to understand that no two homeowners insurance policies are created equal though. Let us help you find the perfect insurance policy for the place you call home.

get a quote

Ready to save time and money? Let us find the best policy for you.

coverage types

These are some common coverages you typically see on a policy:

  • Dwelling — Dwelling coverage covers the main structure on your property (e.g., your home). The cost to replace your home can fluctuate from time to time based on the cost of raw material and labor, and of course, supply and demand. We’ll run a cost analysis on your home to see how much it would actually cost to rebuild.
  • Other Structures — this covers any structure on your property that is not permanently attached to your house, like fencing, driveways, detached buildings like sheds and garages, and so on. Often, this coverage is 10% of whatever your Dwelling limit is, but can be increased as needed.
  • Personal Property — this covers all of your personal belongings like clothing, furniture, electronics, and appliances.
  • Loss of Use — this covers your living expenses if you need to live somewhere else temporarily (rental, hotel, etc.) if your home is uninhabitable due to a loss.
  • Medical Expense —this covers medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property, and in certain cases covers people who are injured off of your property. It specifically applies to guests and does not cover health care costs for you or other members of your household.
  • Family/Personal Liability — this applies if someone is injured or their property is damaged and you are to blame. When choosing your liability coverage limits, consider things like your income and assets. Your personal liability coverage should be high enough to protect your assets if you are sued. In some situations, an Umbrella policy may help provide extra coverage.
  • Scheduled Personal Property — there are some situations where you might want special coverage for high value items like jewelry, collectibles, firearms, etc..

Get a quote

If you have questions about your insurance options or are ready to receive a quote, please use the form below to get started, or give us a call or email us directly!